Interactive electronic posters (ePosters) provide an opportunity for authors to present information that may not be possible to convey with a traditional printed poster. ePosters enhance visualization to attract interest of attendees through the use of videos and other embedded media.
ePosters will be displayed for the duration of the conference on large flat screen monitors in a dedicated ePoster display area, co-located with traditional poster displays.
ePoster slides will rotate automatically and each will be shown for approximately one minute duration at a time. Delegates will be able to navigate to specific posters from a main menu and pause individual posters to view them in more detail and access embedded content.
A static screen will also be available where users can navigate through ePosters at their leisure.
A PDF version of ePosters will be included in the conference app and website.
Preparing your ePoster Presentation
Electronic Poster Template
- All posters will have the control bar. There is no specific criteria for the layout within the white space – use it as you wish.
- All video and audio files must be embedded in your slide. As you will only be sending a single PowerPoint slide file, do not have links to any external media files.
- All videos, audio and animations should be set to auto play. We suggest you only embed one video or audio file and use animation sparingly.
- Authors are asked to limit the duration of media files to 2 minutes or less.
- Embed links into your ePoster: Authors can paste a link into their slide which will open in a new browser window. Users can then interact with the author’s website in depth.
- Embed a web browser: If authors have the technical knowledge, they can embed a web browser which will display a website on their ePoster. If embedding a browser, authors should use “LiveSlides”. This PowerPoint add-in is free to download and available here. Using this add-in will help to avoid issues when combining your ePoster into the scrolling presentation.
Formatting guidelines and suggestions
- Make your poster clear and clean, avoid unnecessary clutter and “special effects” that do not add value.
- Keep the background simple and subtle; use a light coloured background for the main slide body.
- Do not use WordArt, reflections, drop shadows, 3D, semi-transparent fills or textured backgrounds; they are unpredictable and are not necessary.
- For consistency amongst the ePosters, we suggest presenters only use Verdana font for your text. Verdana is universal and will transfer correctly when combine your ePoster into the scrolling presentation.
- We suggest you include contact details for delegates who want to discuss your poster further.
- The screen aspect ratio will be 16:9 and the template slide is already set up as a 16:9 slide.
- Your ePoster should be a single PowerPoint slide.
- Refer to the tips and ideas slide if you need a visual example of an ePoster.
Specifications of the equipment provided for Electronic Posters
- Laptop: OS: Windows and Office 2016
- Digital Display Monitor: 40″ LCD TV (or similar)
- Orientation: Landscape
- PowerPoint Version: Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows 365
- Internet: A cabled internet connection will be provided to all screens.
- Main screens will rotate through all ePosters automatically. A static screen will also be available where users can navigate through ePosters at their leisure.
Dedicated ePoster session/s will be held at the conference. This is an opportunity for ePoster presenters to give a 2 minute “pitch” about their slide which will be projected on screen whilst they talk.
Please use the template and instructions above to prepare your ePoster slide.
Ensure your submission is named with the conference name and the last and first name of the first (submitting) author: eRA2019_Lastname_Firstname
Note all ePosters must be submitted using the template provided with content limited to one slide.
When ready, please upload your ePoster via the dropbox link available at the top of this page.
If you have any questions regarding your ePoster presentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.