Describing, Packaging and Disseminating Data

Dr Peter Sefton1

1University of Technology Sydney, Ultimo, Australia

I would like to convene a BoF on data description, packaging and discovery/dissemination. I’m on leave so have not contacted others about this but would anticipate having a number of panellists from ARDC, CSIRO and various other institutions.

I have been involved in similar sessions focussing on packaging/description, but I think it would make sense to have one that brings together all the concerns across the entire research data lifecycle as they all involve metadata.

Biography:

Peter Sefton is the Manager, eResearch Support at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS). Before that he was in a similar role at the university of Western Sydney (UWS). Previously he ran the Software Research and development Laboratory at the Australian Digital Futures Institute at the University of Southern Queensland. Following a PhD in computational linguistics in the mid-nineties he has gained extensive experience in the higher education sector in leading the development of IT and business systems to support both learning and research.

Recent Comments
    Categories