Ahs Union Agreement

To understand the true cost of a unionized worker, I will give you a breakdown of my salary and all the other employer benefits of my last year (taken from the last cheque, the salary is a little different, only because of these increases during the salary year). The union`s love of talking about the lack of annual increases, which they don`t talk about, is the step that most employees receive each year. I haven`t exhausted my salary yet. It`s going to happen in Grade 9, where I`m going to make almost $110,000. This does not include all the benefits paid by employers and, until then, we will have another collective agreement that will increase that maximum salary (and therefore my maximum salary). It sounds like an angry unionist, who is upset that the union accepts its fees, or like a government pr-report piece about how nasty unions are. I am not saying that the staff are doing too much, I agree, nurses should be well compensated, they are important. My point is that the unions say that 0% is not an increase, when in reality it could mean a real increase. “AHS offered job security during the pandemic in exchange for a break from negotiation until March 31, 2021. The ADF had accepted the same delay twice since the beginning and middle of the pandemic. It is regrettable that the ADF union leadership has decided to play in the media around this offer of common sense for a pause in the negotiations. “When the union complains about part-time care centres, they are separated from their employees who are applying for part-time employment.” I work with many, many nurses, and I would say that many prefer less than full time. Many are moms and love the 0.6, 0.4 lines.

When the union complains about part-time care centres, they are separated from their employees who apply for part-time employment. The point of my intervention was to say that my salary has increased in 4 years more than some people do in an entire year. The unions say we will not get a pay increase, that is true if we do not count the annual no-step increases. They do not tell the whole story. The collective agreement was originally scheduled to expire at the end of March, but the two groups agreed to temporarily delay negotiations during the pandemic. I had my fair share of horrible nurses who didn`t care about their work, about the same as any other profession. Yes, public occupations generally provide a decent standard of living for the middle class when you start to find better-paying, changing jobs. The middle class should be well paid, it feeds our economy.

About the conference

eResearch Australasia provides opportunities for delegates to engage, connect, and share their ideas and exemplars concerning new information centric research capabilities, and how information and communication technologies help researchers to collaborate, collect, manage, share, process, analyse, store, find, understand and re-use information.

Conference Managers

Please contact the team at Conference Design with any questions regarding the conference.

© 2018 - 2020 Conference Design Pty Ltd