Thank you for presenting at eResearch Online!
We want to ensure your presentation runs smoothly, and have put together guidelines and resources to assist with your preparation and participation.
Should you have any queries regarding the information provided or your participation please contact email@example.com.
Solutions Showcase Explainer Video
Solutions Showcases will be live sessions, 15 minutes in duration. During the session you will present to a live audience and have the ability to share your screen so you may present slides or conduct a demonstration. Audience members are able to join your showcase at any time with a maximum of 50 audience members at any one time.
Solutions Showcases will be delivered as “live” presentations.
The entire session will run for 15-minutes.
Within the session, you will be able to present to a live audience and share your screen.
The live solutions showcase session uses a queuing system, where you can bring a maximum of 50 audience members into your presentation at any one time.
Audience members have the option to speak directly to you, but only you as the presenter will have video capabilities.
- Live sessions – 15 minutes
- Discussion forum – per showcase
- Live Q&A via text – per showcase
- Any handouts you wish to include
If you have any concerns about your presentation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solutions Showcase sessions are for brief and informal demonstration-style presentations.
A Solutions Showcase can be used to demonstrate research-related software, tools, platforms, portals, visualisations, learning aids or other resources, and/or their application in specific case studies.
Demonstrations that can be linked to other specific elements of the conference program, such as oral presentations, posters, sessions or displays, are encouraged.
We recommend you log in early on the day of your presentation. This will allow you to:
- Familiarise yourself with your equipment and make sure everything is in good working order (ie microphone and camera working, plenty of battery if using a laptop, stable internet connection).
- Familiarise yourself with the Live Q&A feed.
- If you have any issues or queries, you can log a Live Support ticket.
- We strongly recommend you log in and are ready 15-minutes prior to your session commencing.
- Please close unused browsers and programs, hide bookmarks and tabs, turn off your notifications and ensure your microphone and camera are working correctly.
- Approximately 10 minutes prior to your session, we recommend opening your session by selecting the “view my presentation” button. Once the countdown timer indicates the session is “live” you will be able to select the red “START PRESENTATION” button and you will see your webcam activate.
- Take a moment to prepare your screen and slides.
- Now you can add anyone waiting in your “queue” to your session.
- Once you see the attendees drop into the “attendees” section and “meeting hub” you can assume they are connected to your session. It is recommended that you ask viewers to mute their audio until question time at the end.
- You can now conduct your presentation, by proceeding through your slides, sharing your screen or discussing with the audience.
- When your presentation has finished, ask attendees to unmute themselves to take any questions.
- Once you have finished your presentation with your first group of people, you can select “remove all” underneath the “attendees” section and then reset your slides.
- From there, you can now bring in the next group of people waiting to enter your presentation in the “queue” section.
- If you do experience any technical difficulties, log a ticket with live support and one of our friendly team will be able to assist you.
- When you are ready to end your presentation entirely, you can select the red “end presentation for all” button and go back to the timeline.
An explainer video is available at the top of this page for your benefit.
Live support will be available throughout the conference opening hours and will include dedicated IT/AV support.
Should you require assistance at the time of the conference they should contact support by going to the Live Support Hub – live support is immediately accessible via the icon at the top of the online conference portal. Users should log their query in the live support chat box and a team member will respond as quickly as possible.
In lieu of individual speaker gifts, we are donating a maths teaching kit to children in need through UNICEF.