On behalf of the Conference Organising Committee, we invite you to join us for the 12th eResearch Australasia Conference, to be held at the Pullman Melbourne, Albert Park 15 – 19 October 2018.
eResearch 2018 will offer delegates the opportunity to engage, connect, and share their ideas and exemplars concerning new information centric research capabilities, and how information and communication technologies help researchers to collaborate, collect, manage, share, process, analyse, store, find, understand and re-use information.
Conference workshops will be held on Monday and Tuesday, with the main conference program running from Wednesday to Friday.
More information regarding the conference including invited speakers, social events and engagement initiatives will be released via our website as planning proceeds. We encourage you to check the website regularly for updates.
We look forward to seeing you in Melbourne.
Prof. Paul Bonnington
Conference Chair, eResearch 2018
Director of eResearch at Monash University
CEO, Australasian eResearch Organisations (AeRO)
eResearch 2018 Program Committee
- Dr Alf Uhlherr, Australian eResearch Organisations, VIC
- Loretta Davis, Australian eResearch Organisations, QLD
- Professor Alex Reid, University of Western Australia/AARNet, WA
- Luc Betbeder-Matibet, University of New South Wales, NSW
- Dr Christopher McAvaney, Deakin University, VIC
- Dr Frankie Stevens, AARNet, NSW
- Professor Mark Gahegan, University of Auckland, NZ
- Dr Peter Sefton, University of Technology Sydney, NSW
- Dr Lesley Wyborn, National Computational Infrastructure, ACT
- Ian Duncan, Research Data Services, QLD
- Dr Amr Hassan, Monash University, VIC
- Anne Stevenson, CSIRO, NSW
- Nick Rossow, Griffith University, QLD
- Sarah Nisbet, eRSA, SA
eResearch 2018 Invited Speakers
- Dr Jacky Pallas, Director of eResearch and Research Platforms,
King’s College London, England
- Professor David Ford, Professor of Health Informatics,
Swansea University Medical School, Wales
- Professor James Whisstock, Director,
ARC Centre of Excellence in Advanced Molecular Imaging, Australia
- Dr Drew Berry, Biomedical Animator,
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Australia
More invited speakers will be announced as the conference draws nearer. We recommend checking the website regularly to stay up to date with the latest for eResearch 2018.
Network Partner and Official Coffee Cart Sponsor
Venue & Destination
Overlooking picturesque Albert Park Lake, near St Kilda, the Chapel Street precincts, the Melbourne CBD and Port Melbourne, Pullman & Mercure Melbourne Albert Park is one of the city’s best-located hotels for doing business or exploring Australia’s dynamic and cosmopolitan cultural capital.
Pullman Melbourne, Albert Park
65 Queens Road
Melbourne Victoria 3004
Who Should Attend
- Chief Information Officers
- Data Analysts
- Data Managers
- eResearch Analysts
- Government Representatives
- HPC Managers & Specialists
- IT Managers & Directors
- Professionals in associated disciplines
- Project Managers
- Research Computing Specialists
- Research Managers
- Software & App engineers
- University Representatives