Thank you for presenting! This is a great opportunity to network with your community and peers.
Presentations are organised in “sessions” of multiple related presentations.
We strongly encourage you to attend the other presentations in your stream.
Before the Conference
√ Check the online program to confirm your
presentation date, time and location.
Prepare your presentation
- The presentation computers use Windows and PowerPoint. Please bring your own equipment if using a Mac or other program/software.
- Use 16:9 presentation aspect (4:3 square aspect will not fill the venue screens).
- Embed audio and video content, don’t link to external files.
- Give consent to publish your slides by responding to the email sent following the conference.
- Presentations are 15 mins + 5 mins for questions.
- Lightning talks are 5 mins each, with discussions at the end after all talks are complete.
- BoFs are 40/60/80 minutes as per the program.
- Solutions Showcases are 15 mins (inc. questions)
√ Visit the Speaker Preparation Room the day before your presentation. The technicians will check your presentation for issues.
YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION BEFORE COB Friday 19 October 2019 via the portal https://conference.eresearch.edu.au/presentation-upload/
Presentations should be named with the day, session and time of your presentation (Day_Session_Time)
√ Bring printed material if required as there are no office facilities at the venue
Before Your Session
√ Bring a spare copy of your presentation.
√ Familiarise yourself with the layout/equipment and meet your Session Chair.
√ Sit at the front so you can move quickly to the lectern after the Session Chair introduces you.
√ If you need assistance, ask your Session Chair. AV Technicians will troubleshoot any technical issues.
√ Read the Diversity and Inclusion Guidelines that help ensure representation across multiple areas.
During Your Session
You must start and end on time to avoid impacting other sessions and activities in the program. Session Chairs will end your presentation if it runs overtime.
√ Session Chairs will flash timecards at 5 mins, 2 mins and 1 min prior to the end of your session.
√ When the bell rings, you must stop speaking – this signals the end of your session.
√ Session Chairs will only field questions if there is sufficient time remaining.
At the end of Your Session
√ Thank your attendees and Session Chair!
In lieu of individual speaker gifts, we are donating a maths teaching kit to children in need through UNICEF.